Antivirus software is one of the most important programs many people install on their computers. It’s not just for security either – it often also provides protection against spyware, adware, and more. But antivirus software is something more than just an unassuming program that checks for signs of danger on your computer.
Launching an antivirus program can cause problems that you might not know about until it’s too late. Here are some of the most common problems with launching your new antivirus software without thinking too hard about what could go wrong.
Note that some of the issues might not be applicable to all antivirus software, but here are some that are common with most antivirus software.
Blue Screen Error
It’s not uncommon to see the Blue Screen Error on your screen when you try to run an antivirus program. It typically happens because of one of the following reasons:
- The antivirus program found a virus and quarantined it.
- The system is running low on resources and needs more resources to clean up the infection.
- An application tried to use two different resources at the same time, causing a conflict.
Consider these issues when launching an antivirus program. To help you with an answer to the question of how to fix Blue Screen Error when running antivirus programs, select any of these solutions that you feel is suitable for your situation:
- Reduce computer usage by disabling background programs, if possible. If you do this, wait until the system finishes booting before launching any other programs.
- Make sure your antivirus program is not set to check or clean on bootup.
Trojan Horse Virus
When people say that they downloaded “the free antivirus” on their computer, what they mean is that they downloaded a Trojan Horse Virus. This program will hide deep in your computer so you don’t know it’s there. It can take over your web browser and all of the websites you visit, recording any credit card information or passwords that you enter so it can be used in future scams. It can even steal your bank information.
From a hidden website, a hacker can then take control of your computer and use it to send out thousands of spam emails containing all the information they stole from your computer. They will use your computer as a “botnet” to send out email spam until it crashes from overwork.
How do you prevent a Trojan Horse virus infection:
- Don’t download any software that says “free antivirus” or “free firewall.” Even if it is on a legitimate website, it can still be a Trojan Horse virus.
- If you do download an antivirus program, make sure it has positive reviews and has been used by other people. If possible, choose a paid program because this will ensure the creators put real effort into making something worth paying for.
- If you choose to use a free antivirus scanner, make sure you frequently scan your computer with an up-to-date virus definition file. Also, keep in mind that there are free malware programs out there too! Again, make sure you read plenty of positive reviews about it before installing it.
Is VPN a solution?
Instead of taking precautions like using a VPN service for all internet users, it’s best to be selective about which services we use; unfortunately, these days it’s difficult to tell which companies will provide better service because many offer similar offers – free trials without any obligation.
You might ask, why remote teams need to use VPNs. Because there are many benefits of using VPNs and, as you might imagine, the first one is to ensure that the data you send and receive stays strictly confidential.
- One of the key benefits of using a VPN is having access to the internet from anywhere in the world. But take it from me – no matter how good your Internet connection is, there will always be some kind of lag time so you can’t really use sites like Facebook or YouTube. You need a VPN that can offer you streaming services without any problems.
- Another use of VPN is that you can spoof your IP address; this means that you can pretend to be in a different country and access different entertainment content or live sports.
What kind of VPN should you use?
First, you need to know why anyone would need a VPN in the first place: to hide their IP address and location.
For most people, it’s not really important whether they choose a VPN server in the USA or China – so long as their ISP does not know what websites they visit.
However, if you’re living in an oppressive regime such as Iran, Qatar, etc. then it is very important for you to choose a VPN that gives you access to Gmail or Facebook – otherwise, you might get into trouble.
How to choose antivirus tools?
Choosing between antivirus tools that protect your data against malware and other malicious software is a tough decision. However, in order for this choice to be successful, you have to understand how these tools work and what problems can arise from their use. Here are the most common problems that may happen when using antivirus tools:
- Security standards – tools should adhere to security standards such as ISO 27001 or ISO 27002. In the absence of certification, the tool can not be considered secure.
- Branding – well-known brands provide quality assurance that they have been independently tested by trusted organizations and typically provide a warranty on their product. A company that wants to jump onto the popularity bandwagon may lower its standards, or use another name to sell its products.
- Pricing – antivirus tools are sold by the number of infected machines that can be managed by the tool, and therefore will depend on the price of hardware.
- Productivity – most antivirus tools require an installation process. So if you want to receive full protection for your machine each time you start it, make sure that the antivirus is fully installed before running any type of work.
Antivirus software is an important tool in your computer security arsenal – and it’s also incredibly easy to get wrong. You can easily mess up your antivirus program by either not updating it on time or using the wrong version of the software.
To prevent this from happening, make sure that you’re always using the latest version of any antivirus program you’re using, and check whether there are any updates available for it. If there are, make sure that you install them. And if you have an older version of your antivirus software on your computer, be sure to run a scan with some up-to-date antivirus software on a regular basis.