The only formula to stay ahead of the competition in today’s world of business is to leverage digital tools and assets and ditch those legacy technologies that once served the purpose. Complete digital adoption is the new mantra and firms are in need of specific software platforms that will help companies to embrace seamless digital transformation. Today almost 90% of Startups have digital business plans as compared to traditional enterprises, and they are fast embracing digital adoption platform.
Now the software that helps enterprises to onboard and imparts training to all its stakeholders in embracing the digital change is known as Digital Adoption Platform, and it makes it happen through effective use of technology. These stakeholders could be the company’s existing customers, prospects, own employees and partners etc. These software platforms should make learning simpler and seamless topped up with the best of UX. Company’s Digital Adoption platforms should be a built-in form of a website or app that would evoke high engagement among the users which will only result in better ROI. Anything complex or vague will be avoided by users before rejecting it completely, which then becomes more of a burden rather than an enabler to them.
Depending on a company’s need and various functionality, these software platforms can be modified to suit their requirements. Well-made user guides, interactive-walkthroughs and website tutorials or enterprise applications should be appealing and attract company employees or its customers. Further application of AI and Machine Learning to it would make things easier to map real-time data.
Basic features of Digital Adoption Platforms
While the main aim is to get users’ complete attention towards these software suites, Digital Adoption Platforms should always be user-engaging, interactive and responsive. In fact, the following are some enlisted features that are very basic and should be evaluated before procuring any such digital adoption software.
- Attractive-Walkthroughs: Users tend to get more intrigued by interactive and attractive walkthroughs. Instead of just single clicks, these walkthroughs manage to get the maximum of user attention. App guide eventually helps users in understanding the processes in an easy and better manner. It also eases the entire navigation process.
- EasyFeedbacks: Feedbacks are essential for smooth functioning. A quick in-app survey or a web-based survey form can gather valuable inputs from users/customers regarding various pain points in the software which can later be fixed and configured through URLssent out for updation.
- Quick Support System: Prompt and quality support is essential and is vital in considering a specific software platform over others. Real-time support enables seamless onboarding that leads to delighting user experience. Most importantly the support team should be reachable easily with minimum possible wait time.
- User Friendliness: Unless a software platform is user friendly it becomes a burden and redundant. Applications should be easier to use else users’ interest level soon diminishes. The interface should be simple yet attractive to the user. The quality of on-screen guidance and tutorials also matters a lot in choosing one software over another. The best of software always scores higher on its UX and UI.
- Advanced Analytics – Today’s enterprise’s slices and dices data quite seriously. Analysing data could unveil many key insights. User behaviour can be mapped through these collected data and inferences can be drawn. Analytics coupled with some interesting graphs, charts and infographics can be an attractive proposition in getting a competitive edge over others.
Few Merits of Digital Adoption Platforms
For businesses that have embraced the Digital Adoption Platform, they reap the benefits while their counterparts keep watching. The organisations that are still undecided can analyse the success parameters of other companies and digitization would definitely emerge as one of the key contributors.
- Any Digital Adoption platform has AI to its core. Hence, the proper use of data (customer/employees/vendors/system) can lead to better decision making and efficiency. It also saves time, money and resources. Business setup gets more efficient with the application of AI.
- Machine Learning is intelligently used by these adoption platforms to analyse user patterns and thereby improve the user experience by learning their behaviour. Key insights generated from user pattern is applied that in turn modifies various features of the software to provide better and satisfying UX.
- Digitization saves employees’ crucial time. Automated process helps in the enhancement of productivity. With the availability of various software suites in the market, specific functions can be automated and a lot of time can be saved in the process.
- The real-time guidance provided by Digital adoption platforms actually eliminates the time and makes thing interesting with a quick solution in hand. It saves time and enhances competency. Complex procedures become easier to understand without any wait thereby cutting down frustrations and makes things flow seamlessly.
With some great benefits come few demerits too. Poor adoption might result in botched up results, which will frustrate the employees/customers, will affect productivity, and implicate ROI. Any failed program results in wastage of funds. Hence, conducting due diligence of several software is essential before zeroing into the one for your organisation. Go for free trials or free versions of the software you choose to procure, it helps in understanding the functionality better before going with the complete version.